Interested in hand crafted furniture?
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that should hopefully answer all your questions. When you are ready to start talking about your own project, please reach out to us via email. email@example.com
What kind of projects do you handle?
Anything. We are always open minded to any custom project. We love making tables, and that is 80% of what we craft. However we have also made
- custom vanities
- a custom wood "box" that was created by simply looking at a picture of what the client wanted
- custom bedroom furniture
- wood countertops for kitchens
- comercial table tops
- we even crafted a unique steam punk style shelf and piping to span and entire wall. All crafted out of beams from the Wilbur Chocolate Factory in Lititz, Pa.
What are the types of wood you work with?
Anything, I know I say that a lot, but custom is just that, custom, we use what the customer wants. Of course we have recommendation and suggestions, and pricing always is a factor, some woods are a lot more expensive than others. Here is a list of the woods we have used and loved, but we would say no to something we have not tried before.
- Walnut (is a gorgeous naturally dark wood with beautiful elegant graining).
- White Oak (a lovely lighter wood with tight graining that is also gorgeous.
- Reclaimed White Oak ( we have used old barn beams that are white oak, plained them down and crafted a vanity, a chest of drawers and tables from them. This is the olde look you can't duplicate. Perfect for farmhouse style, modern farmhouse style and even a coastal style.
- Pine (a softer wood, but we have still used it, definitely will get you a patina as you use it as it will dent, but very economically priced and will give you a worn, used and reclaimed look that lots of customers like see.
- Sycamore (you don't see this one often, however maybe thats why this wood is such a show stopper) We have used this to make a show stopping island top, and we even crafted the most gorgeous table with this from a tree that feel down in the customers driveway.
What is your turn around time?
That kind of depends on the project, but usually its 8 to 10 weeks from the day of a deposit. Of course if we are working with freshly fallen trees that will take 2 to 3 years for proper drying.
What locations do you serve?We do a lot of work on the East Coast. We are located just 20 miles north of Lancaster Pa. We do a lot of work in Eastern Pa, Delaware, Maryland, New York and New Jersey, however we are always willing to ship our products anywhere in the continental USA.
I really want to discus my ideas with someone, how do I proceed?
Email us! firstname.lastname@example.org Send us an email with a brief description of your project. Pictures are always helpful. Dimensions if you have any. All the details you know. Leave your phone number if you prefer a phone call. Someone will get back to you in a week or less.
Thank you so much for your interest in the hand crafted furniture of Solomon + Co.
To Book or with all your questions, feel free to contact us.
or fill out the form below